In one of our previous featured posts, we learned how to book an appointment online for application for extension of stay in Hong Kong. This process is very important for OFWs, especially domestic helpers who have renewed their contract and are returning to work for the same/new employer here in Hong Kong.
This time, we will look into the new process for the renewal of Philippine passport here in Hong Kong, particularly using the new online appointment system of the Philippine Consulate General in Hong Kong.
Disclaimer: The information published is based on the experience shared by the vlogger/YouTuber. The information provided may change without prior notice and may differ in actual scenarios. Let this article serve as a guide only.
Here is the video guide shared by a Pinay OFW “Dee”, a.k.a Jaenah Jim on YouTube. If you find her tips helpful, you may check out her YouTube channel to catch more interesting content about her work and life as an OFW in Hong Kong.
Update on Appointment Setting for Passport Renewal in Hong Kong
In the past, you need to send an e-mail to the Philippine Consulate General in Hong Kong and request an appointment for passport renewal, then you are given a slot.
However, since July 2019, the Consulate has implemented an online appointment system to expedite the process of booking an appointment at the Philippine Consulate for passport renewal services.
Before we look into the process for booking an appointment at the Consulate, please take note that the requirements and procedures for the renewal of your passport will not be covered in this post. Moreover, booking an appointment online at the Consulate is free of charge so if you encounter any post or notice, that requires you to pay for this service, you need to report it to the Consulate.
What You Need to Book an Appointment Online
- A working computer with Internet access
- A web browser (Internet Explorer ver. 11 or higher / Mozilla Firefox ver. 45 and up recommended)
- A valid and active e-mail to receive system-generated messages.
- A PDF reader and a working printer to view and print the system-generated application form in A4-size paper.
Note: You may also book an appointment online using your mobile phone. Just make sure to complete the entire process and print the document from the PCG as proof of your appointment.
To book an appointment online, do the following steps:
1. Go to the Philippine Consulate General in Hong Kong’s Online Appointment System (https://hk.passport.gov.ph/) and Click Schedule an Appointment.
2. On the next page, you will be provided with some reminders, so do take note of those and once you’ve understood everything, tick the checkbox confirming that you’ve read everything on the page and provide your active e-mail address then click Send Confirmation.
3. Next, check your inbox and open the email from the PCG’s Online Appointment System (OAS) then click the link to confirm your email address provided.
Note: The link you will receive is only valid for 24 hours so be sure that you complete your appointment within this period.
4. Once you click the link, you will be redirected to the OAS page where you can start booking your appointment online.
5. Select from any of the available dates on the page and pick your preferred time for your passport renewal slot at the PCG-Hong Kong.
6. After you’ve selected your preferred date and time for the passport service that you need, you have to indicate the service that you will avail of: New, Renewal, or Lost. Click Renewal.
7. For renewals, you will be asked to enter your personal information including your old passport number, date of birth, name, and other important details. Make sure to fill out the details in the boxes that have a red asterisk above them. This means that they are required information and you cannot skip any of these fields. Once you’ve completed and reviewed all the fields, click Next.
8. A new window will pop up showing all the details you’ve provided. Be sure to check that everything is correct and accurate. And where you’re ready to move forward, tick the checkbox to certify that all information provided is true and correct. Solve the Captcha code, then click Confirm.
9. You will then receive an email from DFA confirming your appointment.
10. Download the form attached in the email and print it on A4 paper. You need to bring with you this document to the Consulate for your passport renewal.
Booking an appointment for passport services at the PCG in Hong Kong is that easy. Now, the next thing you need to do is to prepare your requirements for your passport renewal. For the complete guide and instructions for this process, you can visit the PCG-HK passport services page (https://hk.passport.gov.ph/) and select the service that you need. You may check the requirements on this page and prepare them ahead of your scheduled appointment for a more efficient transaction.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When are slots opened? What should I do when no more slots are available?
Slots are made available for booking from 12:00 pm to 9:00 pm from Monday to Saturday except for holidays.
If you do not see available online appointment slots, it does not necessarily that all slots have been taken up completely. Click Refresh as slots become available from time to time.
2. Can I obtain an appointment from fixers and passport appointment assistance services?
No, you must not because this is illegal. Remember, booking a passport appointment is free and does not require any special help from other people, most especially if they require you to pay for this service.
3. I do not see any available slots for passport appointments. Can I walk in instead?
You may check out this link for more information for walk-in accommodation.
The online appointment system was first rolled out in PCG-Hong Kong as there are many OFWs based in this country. With this updated process, availing passport services at the Consulate will be much easier and more convenient to do.