For Decades now, Hongkong has been one of the countries where there’s a huge OFW population. For OFWs residing in Hongkong, you can read the steps below on how to apply or renew your Philippine Passport. Remember, it is a wise to process the renewal 6 months before your passport expires to avoid any hassle or trouble in your travel plans.
Renewing your Passport in Hong Kong
Tips: You can email your application (Completed ePassport Application Form )to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX (2866-8559) so you can book your appointment at the Embassy.
Requirements for Passport Renewal
- Latest Passport and photocopy of first page
- Photocopy of valid passport of parents for minor applicant.
- Personal appearance of applicant. If minor, personal appearance of either parent or legal guardian is required.
- Passport Fee of HK$480.00
- Applicant is advised to be in proper decent attire (with collar)
Tips: There is no definite step mentioned in the Phil Consulate Hongkong website but below is strongly advisable.
DATA ENCODING & PHOTO TAKING. Check all data in the machine-generated form before signing. Passports found to have printing errors may be replaced subject to another payment and 20 days processing period.
RELEASE OF PASSPORT. Passports are released only to applicants or to immediate family members (spouse, sibling, parent, child of legal age) authorized in writing by the applicant.
Physical Appearance for proper cancellation your green or MRP passport together with your receipt when claiming your new passport. The new passport will NOT be released unless the old passport is presented.
Declare lost, valid or expired passport ro avoid delay in the issuance of a new one.
Passports unclaimed after six (6) months from the date of issuance will be cancelled per Department Order 37-03.
- CLAIMING OF PASSPORT. Processing of ePassport may take up to 12 weeks or so.
The Philippine Consulate – Hongkong
Address: Philippine Consulate General Fourteenth Floor, United Centre 95 Queensway, Admiralty Hong Kong – Location Map
Contact nos: Consular: 9155-4023 Labor: 6080-8323 OWWA: 6345-9324
Other Useful Articles:
- First-Time Passport Application for New-Born Filipinos in Hongkong.
- Lost Passport replacement and Documents amendment.
Article Source: The Philippines Consulate Hongkong – http://hongkongpcg.dfa.gov.ph/