Pinoy Hikers Cautioned after OFW Slips into Coma after Fainting During Climb

Millenials, or the generation of today are eager to connect with other people with similar interests by going on group activities or adventures into nature for fun and health purposes. The idea is to commune with nature and to connect with friends of similar interests.

However, such activities require stamina and physical strength that may take a toll on one’s body if not checked prior to joining in such. This is especially important for those who are not physically prepared to undergo this kind of strain on the body perhaps due to lack of sleep or extreme stress at work.

Pinoy Hikers Cautioned after OFW Slips into Coma after Fainting During Climb

Pinoy Hikers Warned: Check Health Before Going on a Climb

In relation to this, a Filipina domestic helper is currently fighting for her life after collapsing and slipping into a coma during a hike with her group on one of Hong Kong’s mountains last February 17 (Sunday), as shared in a report by the Sun HK.

Rosalie V. Nituda, 42, was brought to a hospital by an ambulance team after her group requested for medical assistance after Nituda fainted in the middle of the climb.

Labour Attaché Jalilo dela Torre is calling on all hikers to check with their doctors first before going on a hike and other similar activities, to avoid any unwanted incidents.

According to Labatt Dela Torre, officers from the Philippine Overseas Labour Office (POLO) and the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) will visit Nituda at the hospital within the week to check on her status.

Nituda is reported to be on her second contract with her current employer. The employer visited the POLO last Wednesday (February 20) to report the incident. She had also requested assistance from the Consulate’s Assistance to Nationals (ATN) section, but refused to identify the victim, herself or the hospital.

Because of this, the ATN officer referred the employer to OWWA to handle the case.

Nituda’s employer only shared that the doctor’s had performed a surgery on Nituda’s brain, after she collapsed in the middle of ther hike in the afternoon las Sunday (February 17).

Leave a Comment